So I wrote a post this morning about The Honey Badger but it didn't get saved. :( So I'll quickly run through what's happened.
I got the weapon mounted in the shell a few days ago and whilst quietly reprimanding myself for building a Featherweight, I found that the batteries don't quite fit when the shell + weapon motor is in place. So I ordered a new 1.2aH SLA battery that does fit along with some heavy duty Velcro tape (who doesn't need some of that?). Wired the weapon in and now all did appear to be well.
Today, after plumbing it all in, the robot now looks very similar to a concept of a copter hat robot idea I toyed with before this. Anyway, it does have quite a high ground clearance (50mm I think) but at least it is getting there.
And here it is with the weapon bar attached. The bar, like the chassis, is wood wrapped in Aluminium + Anti Slip tape. This is for Fire protection and also because it gives a nice textured surface that is akin to Sandpaper.
So... here we go but before I continue on, a warning.
THIS IS NOT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD DO WITH OTHERS ANYWHERE NEAR YOU. BUILDING ROBOTS IS DANGEROUS.
So yeah, that didn't quite work. I think the fault lies in a short somewhere so me and my Father in Law went through the wiring and found a few breaks. Fixed those and then went out to try again, taking aim at a cardboard box. I don't have a video of this sadly, it was jolly exciting. I do have a photo of it though...
So I decided to see what The Honey Badger could inflict on a empty plastic watering can.
AGAIN, THIS IS NOT SOMETHING YOU SHOULD DO WITH OTHERS ANYWHERE NEAR YOU. BUILDING ROBOTS IS DANGEROUS.
Here is the result, bearing in mind that being empty means it is quite bouncy to the unsharpened blades of The Honey Badger.
So I need to figure out what the wiring fault is, get the big battery seen to properly (the robot isn't moving properly as you can see) and then get the shell affixed to the frame along with the list I posted previously.
Seeya all soon!
Written by Ocracoke - 64